Friday, October 22, 2010

Elevation



Dear Friends,

Dear Readers,



Isn't it fun 

when you can take a simple ingredient

and turn it into something special?


I sure think so!




 Last night when I got home from work

I prepared a delicious meal 

from the possibly 

misunderstood

chicken liver.



Could 

it be the 

viola 

of the culinary world?




I started off by sweating half of 

an onion & a generous handful

of golden raisins in butter and olive oil

over a low heat. 


I seasoned this with salt, pepper, thyme

and a little hot paprika.




This cooked for around 20 minutes, 

until the onions were translucent.


I reserved this 

and then folded  

the tub of rinsed chicken livers

into a medium hot pan. 


I cooked the livers 

medium,

until there was no evidence of blood. 




Next I deglazed with balsamic

and then folded 

the onions and raisins back into the pan 

with a generous 

chiffonade of 

raddichio. 



After correcting for seasoning,

I folded in 

al dente 

cooked 

papparadelle. 



This beautiful dish 

was then plated,


drizzled with olive oil,

and 

a handful 

of  




 Parmigiano Reggiano.


Easy and delicious.


Did we elevate the use of a simple ingredient?


I say yeah!

You will too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. Chicken livers are near the top of my list. Sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Willow!

    Thanks for stopping by. Glad ya like da livahs! Have this on a cool night with a nice Barolo or Super Tuscan, and swoon away!

    Best,

    David

    ReplyDelete