Monday, June 21, 2010

Such A Great Scene




Welcome back Dear Readers.

As many of you know,

I've been really enjoying the works 

of many of the 

Scandinavian Crime 

authors. 





I started off with Karin Fossum

and had to read all of her works. 

Loved them. 

I'm looking forward to this new one pictured above

which is out August 24th.




I read all of Larsson's

Millennium Trilogy 

and loved them!

Moved on to the works of Camilla Lackberg.

They are also very fine

and I look forward to getting my hands on

The Stone Cutter.




Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole

Detective novels are also wonderful. 

I've read the first two and will have to pick up 

The Devil's Star 

soon!




In the meantime,

with nothing Scandinavian 

to be found chez moi,

I grabbed a book I've been 

planning on getting to for some time. 


Haruki Murakami 

is one of my favorite authors

and 

Kafka On The Shore 

did not disappoint.


Everyday 

I'd eagerly rush home to be with it. 


To settle down somewhere quiet

and 

spend time with these 

wonderful,

fantastical,

characters, 

and cats.


It was very special

and I recommend it 

highly!


Here's a scene  of Kafka that I really loved. 

Let me know what you think.


                   In the afternoon dark clouds suddenly color the sky a mysterious shade and it
                   starts raining hard, pounding the roof and windows of the cabin. I strip naked
                   and run outside, washing my face with soap and scrubbing myself all over. It
                   feels wonderful. In my joy I shut my eyes and shout out meaningless words as
                   the large raindrops strike me on the cheeks, the eyelids, chest, side, penis,
                   legs, and butt  -  the stinging pain like a religious initiation or something.
                   Along with the pain there's a feeling of closeness, like for once in my life the 
                   world's treating me fairly. I feel elated, as if all of a sudden I've been set free.
                   I face the sky, hands held wide apart, open my mouth wide, and gulp down
                   the falling rain.



Gulp it down my boy!

6 comments:

  1. But surely you have also read Henning Mankell, yes? Inspector Wallander? If not...eek. A fan of Murakami here, as well.

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Giulia,

    Yes I have read Mankell. The most recent one, The Man From Bejing. I did enjoy it.

    Best,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips, I'll have to get some of these! Nice Quote too.

    DeWhy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Don!

    I think you'll enjoy all of these! Glad you liked the quote. We should all feel elated and set free.

    Best,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...you're arousing my curiosity David!
    :-)
    Have a great week end !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Lala! I wish we could hang out this weekend in your neighborhood! You always make it look and sound so beautiful!

    David

    ReplyDelete