Friday, October 7, 2011

Does Hollywood Do It Again?! David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo




If you are like me 

you read and loved all of 

The Millennium Trilogy.




You then raced to see all 

of the movies 

as soon as they were released. 




Since then I've been reading everything I can by

Henning Mankell,

Karin Fossum, 

Jo Nesbo,

Camilla Lackberg,

and other fine Scandinavian authors.


It has been a pleasant 

if chilly

ride.



When I heard that there would be a 

Hollywood version of 

The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

I was nonplussed. 


The Scandinavian version 

was just fine with me. 


Why did we need another,

Hollywood version? 


Well the previews are out

and quite frankly

the new version

looks better than I had thought. 


Perhaps

Stieg Larsson's works stand up to 

numerous interpretations. 


The preview above has 

peaked my curiosity.


What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. mmmm...as we say in French : bof ! meaning so so.. Ok, like you i loved the trilogy and although my curiosity is arisen, i feel it's too Hollywood, too sleek. Sorry to be an insufferable purist but I find Noomi Rapace quite irreplaceable and the Swedish language is another must factor ! So tell me what you think of it when you see it !
    bisous
    Lala

    ps : re Lulu Gainsbourg's version of Bonnie and Clyde . I heard it on Fip radio but i guess if you look up Lulu Gainsbourg in Amazon, you can find the CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lovely Lala,
    I agree that Noomi is irreplaceable. I am curious about the film though. I'll let you know what I think when I see it.

    Cheers,

    David

    ReplyDelete