Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Simple Summer Dinner



Welcome back Dear Friends,

Dear Readers.



So, I hope you liked the Crisp recipes.

And perhaps you need a dinner to precede them ?


I just made and enjoyed,

seconds and all,


A Simple Summer Dinner


And it's

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!


First off marinate a nice

 Flank Steak 

in 

olive oil, garlic & soy, 

for a few hours 

or overnight.


Later you'll grill it 

medium rare  and fan it in slices.





To accompany the Flank Steak...


 Smokey Eggplant with Peppers, Vidalia Onions, and Mint.


To make this, sweat 1 1/2 sliced Vidalia Onions, 

a nice selection of red, yellow, and poblano peppers, 

and a handful of garlic cloves in olive oil. 


Season this with salt, pepper, thyme, 

hot chili flakes, the skin of a lemon, and smoked paprika.


This will take around 15 minutes. 

We want this mixture to soften. 

I then added an eggplant that I'd cubed. 


Corrected for seasoning,

I cooked the eggplant until it was done. 


Before it was finished I deglazed with 

the Moscatel Wine Vinegar that I am so fond of.


Then I mixed in a giant handful of 

a chiffonade of mint

and garnished with 

a beautiful, aromatic 

mint bud.


Plate the fanned steak slices,

add a dollop or two

of the eggplant 

and enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. you are such an interesting person. a man of all possibilities! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from the ever scintillating Ms. Pena, that is a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...mmmm just the word marinate makes me salivate ! oh this must be so good...definitely need to give it a try !
    xo
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lala! You know, this was so easy and very tasty on a hot day!

    Cheers!

    David

    ReplyDelete