First Stop - Thousands upon thousands of Art Enthusiasts will be in attendence at:
If you are interested in Design then Milan will be the place for you this week! The Salone Internazionale del Mobile is the biggest exhibition in the Milanese design calendar. It showcases the hottest and most influential figures in the world.
With pieces for the office, kitchen, & bath.
It is running April 22 - 27.
Tokyo Fiber "Senseware"
There's The Last Samurai Exhibit at Palazzo Reale
1. We want to sing the love of danger, the habit of energy and rashness.
2. The essential elements of our poetry will be courage, audacity and revolt.
3. Literature has up to now magnified pensive immobility, ecstasy and slumber. We want to exalt movements of aggression, feverish sleeplessness, the double march, the perilous leap, the slap and the blow with the fist.
4. We declare that the splendor of the world has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing automobile with its bonnet adorned with great tubes like serpents with explosive breath ... a roaring motor car which seems to run on machine-gun fire, is more beautiful than the Victory of Samothrace.
5. We want to sing the man at the wheel, the ideal axis of which crosses the earth, itself hurled along its orbit.
6. The poet must spend himself with warmth, glamour and prodigality to increase the enthusiastic fervor of the primordial elements.
7. Beauty exists only in struggle. There is no masterpiece that has not an aggressive character. Poetry must be a violent assault on the forces of the unknown, to force them to bow before man. 8. We are on the extreme promontory of the centuries! What is the use of looking behind at the moment when we must open the mysterious shutters of the impossible? Time and Space died yesterday. We are already living in the absolute, since we have already created eternal, omnipresent speed.
9. We want to glorify war - the only cure for the world - militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of the anarchists, the beautiful ideas which kill, and contempt for woman.
10. We want to demolish museums and libraries, fight morality, feminism and all opportunist and utilitarian cowardice.
11. We will sing of the great crowds agitated by work, pleasure and revolt; the multi-colored and polyphonic surf of revolutions in modern capitals: the nocturnal vibration of the arsenals and the workshops beneath their violent electric moons: the gluttonous railway stations devouring smoking serpents; factories suspended from the clouds by the thread of their smoke; bridges with the leap of gymnasts flung across the diabolic cutlery of sunny rivers: adventurous steamers sniffing the horizon; great-breasted locomotives, puffing on the rails like enormous steel horses with long tubes for bridle, and the gliding flight of aeroplanes whose propeller sounds like the flapping of a flag and the applause of enthusiastic crowds.
Via Montecuccoli 6 - I - 20147 Milan
- The scampi: raw with couscous flavored with herbs and octopus - marinated with red berries - crispy in Tuscan pine-nuts crust
- Spaghetti made with Senatore Cappelli durum wheat with Spring onion and hot pepper sauce
- Veal tenderloin "Tschirren" style with raw ham, ginger juice and pine-nut from Pisa
- Hot pie of extra bitter chocolate from Venezuela with smooth heart of extra virgin Nocellara olive oil and chocolate
Closed: Saturdays at lunchtime; Sundays all day; 1-9 January; August
Via Ascanio Sforza 77 - I - 20141 Milan
Specialities: Lobster carpaccio, mayonnaise of white tomatoes and heart of chicory salad, Pan fried crustaceans, broccoli cream, croquettes of lemon, crispy potatoes and dried tomatoes.
Closed: every day at lunchtime and Sundays; 3 weeks in August.